
When I found out, in January 2007, that I was expecting my second child, I was very upset. Not because I didn't want any more children, but because I was separated and planning a divorce. I was worried that my unborn baby would not have a good life. My 18 month old daughter, Kenzi Makae, and I were living with my parents, and struggling to pay the bills. I was also suffering from a terrible depression after everything that had been happening in my life with my marriage, business, and family. By May 2007, I was about to break down. The only thing that kept me going was my love and devotion for Kenzi. Right when I was about to fall apart, our miracle began.
Trevor and I met in June 2007. We had chatted with one another on a website for a while, and finally decided that we needed to meet in person. I told him that I was 6 months pregnant (and definitely starting to show!) but he didn't have a problem with it. I would absolutely call it love at first sight. Within the first 8 days of our relationship, we knew we were meant for eachother. Even Kenzi fell in love with Trev, calling him daddy without any prompting! Withing the first few weeks, we were engaged. We planned on getting married some time in October, after I'd delivered the baby (and had a little time to recover!)

However, Trevor's sister Trina mentioned to us that she thought there might be a law that said that if we were married at the time of the birth, that the baby could legally be Trevor's daughter. After meeting with a lawyer who confirmed this information, we were on the fast track to plan a beautiful wedding in a little over three weeks! The only problem was, my divorce wasn't completely final yet. We weren't exactly sure why is wasn't going through, and everyone in our family prayed and fasted. We waited and waited. After pushing and pushing the court clerks and judge, the divorce finally went through on August 1st... two days before our wedding! On August 3rd, our wedding was truly magical.
Trevor and I met in June 2007. We had chatted with one another on a website for a while, and finally decided that we needed to meet in person. I told him that I was 6 months pregnant (and definitely starting to show!) but he didn't have a problem with it. I would absolutely call it love at first sight. Within the first 8 days of our relationship, we knew we were meant for eachother. Even Kenzi fell in love with Trev, calling him daddy without any prompting! Withing the first few weeks, we were engaged. We planned on getting married some time in October, after I'd delivered the baby (and had a little time to recover!)

However, Trevor's sister Trina mentioned to us that she thought there might be a law that said that if we were married at the time of the birth, that the baby could legally be Trevor's daughter. After meeting with a lawyer who confirmed this information, we were on the fast track to plan a beautiful wedding in a little over three weeks! The only problem was, my divorce wasn't completely final yet. We weren't exactly sure why is wasn't going through, and everyone in our family prayed and fasted. We waited and waited. After pushing and pushing the court clerks and judge, the divorce finally went through on August 1st... two days before our wedding! On August 3rd, our wedding was truly magical.
And nine days later, on August 12th, Ashlin Saige Peterson was born. She's beautiful, and looks just like Kenzi. 
A few weeks after Ashlin was born, I called our insurance company to work out the details of my delivery. Turns out that if my divorce had gone through in July, one day earlier than it did, Ashlin's birth wouldn't have been covered at all! Talk about a blessing in disguise. Heavenly Father knows what he's doing.
Since our amazing summer of 2007, life has been wonderful! Trevor works in Sandy as a manager at a furniture store, and I am a full time mommy. We live in Orem right now, so we'll be close to UVU when Trevor goes back in the fall. He'll be finishing his degree in business and then going on to law school. I'll just continue trying to be a good mom and all that goes along with the job.
Kenzi is a very animated little girl who LOVES to help me with Ashlin. She likes to make us laugh and she's extremely cute. She's in dance at Utah Academy Dance Studios, and is a very very good little dancer! She's a very girly girl and is pretty much a little-karyn in the making.
A
shlin is a very happy and smiley baby. She's only 8 months old and is quite the trouble maker. She already knows what things are "big no-no's" and, coincidentally, those are her favorite things to do (all the while keeping a huge grin on her little face.)
We'll be sealed together as a family for time and all eternity this coming August.

A few weeks after Ashlin was born, I called our insurance company to work out the details of my delivery. Turns out that if my divorce had gone through in July, one day earlier than it did, Ashlin's birth wouldn't have been covered at all! Talk about a blessing in disguise. Heavenly Father knows what he's doing.

Since our amazing summer of 2007, life has been wonderful! Trevor works in Sandy as a manager at a furniture store, and I am a full time mommy. We live in Orem right now, so we'll be close to UVU when Trevor goes back in the fall. He'll be finishing his degree in business and then going on to law school. I'll just continue trying to be a good mom and all that goes along with the job.

Kenzi is a very animated little girl who LOVES to help me with Ashlin. She likes to make us laugh and she's extremely cute. She's in dance at Utah Academy Dance Studios, and is a very very good little dancer! She's a very girly girl and is pretty much a little-karyn in the making.
A
shlin is a very happy and smiley baby. She's only 8 months old and is quite the trouble maker. She already knows what things are "big no-no's" and, coincidentally, those are her favorite things to do (all the while keeping a huge grin on her little face.)We'll be sealed together as a family for time and all eternity this coming August.
1 comment:
What a wonderful and inspiring story! Thanks so much for sharing! It is great to see how fast your little family is growing and how blessed you all are. You are amazing!
Post a Comment