So, I got all 3 kids in bed, and went outside to chat with Kira for a bit. Chatting is what we do best! We were out there for maybe 40 minutes. Not way long. I noticed that the birds were acting funny...flapping really fast, swooping all over the place...then I realized that they were bats out getting their dinner of bugs. That's interesting to me because we live in the middle of the city. There aren't bats in the part of Salt Lake that I grew up in, so I guess I'm not used to seeing them. Anyway, I came inside and counted no less than 14 mosquito bites! Grrr! I've never gotten that many in my own front yard before. Camping, sure. But 40 minutes in the driveway??
Man! I guess I better carry one of these everywhere I go from now on:
Or maybe one of those new mosquito fans that you just clip on yourself and wear outside. Does anyone know how well these work? I'm curious.
So anyway, I guess I must be pretty tasty!
Man! I guess I better carry one of these everywhere I go from now on:
Or maybe one of those new mosquito fans that you just clip on yourself and wear outside. Does anyone know how well these work? I'm curious.So anyway, I guess I must be pretty tasty!
2 comments:
Those clip-on's do NOT work at all! We just got back from camping and a couple people bought them and they got bit all over. I just bought the spray and I only got two bits the whole four days I was their. Plus, on TV they look like they would be something small and just clip on to yourself or a child, but heck no they are HUGE! I would stick with the spray or they also make wipes.
I heard if you load up on your vitamin b it helps? I've never tried it though. Also, laundry sheets. Keep one in your back pocket or something and they keep away. Its what we did at girls camp. :)
Post a Comment