No Christmas for my children,
No husband for my bed,
No husband for my bed,
No money for tomorrow,
No place to lay my head,
No tree with mounds of presents,
No ornaments or lights,
No smiles on Christmas morning,
No feast on Christmas night,
No toys to ease the boredom
Of hours before closed doors,
No family celebrations,
No trips to crowded stores,
No fireplace, no Santa,
No games aglow with friends,
No fire but feeble fury
As Christmas slowly ends.
For me I have no pity,
My sorrow stronger proves,
Because for my sweet children
No place to lay my head,
No tree with mounds of presents,
No ornaments or lights,
No smiles on Christmas morning,
No feast on Christmas night,
No toys to ease the boredom
Of hours before closed doors,
No family celebrations,
No trips to crowded stores,
No fireplace, no Santa,
No games aglow with friends,
No fire but feeble fury
As Christmas slowly ends.
For me I have no pity,
My sorrow stronger proves,
Because for my sweet children
I've nothing but my love.


This year for Christmas, we don't have a ton of money. We can't get our children everything they want. We can't buy all the presents for our friends and family that we wish we could. But this year for Christmas, I'm remembering that we have so much more than so many. A good roof over our heads, warmth, food, family, places to go to enjoy the season, cheery decorations in our home, and a deep love for one another.
I drive through Logan every Tuesday morning. It's bitter cold - sometimes no more than 2 degrees. I pass the Logan Food Bank and see the long line of men, women, children, and elderly huddled up outside waiting for their chance to receive food for the next week or so. It breaks my heart. We're not that far off from being one of them, but because of our amazing family, friends, and wonderful church and ward family, we never go without. We are so truly blessed, and I am so very grateful for that. My children will have a wonderful Christmas compared to so many, and I want them to know that. I want them to learn that their life is truly blessed. So thank you, to all those of you who have made our Christmas season a joyous one. We love you.
I drive through Logan every Tuesday morning. It's bitter cold - sometimes no more than 2 degrees. I pass the Logan Food Bank and see the long line of men, women, children, and elderly huddled up outside waiting for their chance to receive food for the next week or so. It breaks my heart. We're not that far off from being one of them, but because of our amazing family, friends, and wonderful church and ward family, we never go without. We are so truly blessed, and I am so very grateful for that. My children will have a wonderful Christmas compared to so many, and I want them to know that. I want them to learn that their life is truly blessed. So thank you, to all those of you who have made our Christmas season a joyous one. We love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment