I lay awake in my bed and listened to the rhythmic breathing of my husband and 10 month baby boy, both of whom lay sleeping next to me. I sighed and rolled to my side to see the glowing red numbers on the alarm clock across the room - 12:47am - another sleepless night. I climbed down from the big bed that I share with the two cutest boys I know and walked down the hallway into the living room. It was cold, and the room was bathed in the light of the big moon glowing on the newly fallen snow outside.
Our little home was surrounded by snow on all sides. It was beautiful. I sat on the sofa and looked out the window for a bit, gazing out at the pasture behind my aunt's house. It was so bright I could read the pages of the open book sitting next to me. I could read for a bit; maybe that would tire my mind and allow sleep to wash over me. Instead, I rose to my feet and tiptoed up the stairs to where my two little girls slept in their bedroom. I sat on the couch up in the loft for a bit and listened to the silence, interrupted occasionally by a mumble or two from the dreaming girls just over the wall from where I sat. The computer hummed quietly, reminding me that our internet was working again. I was never good at fixing electronic things, and Trevor had been working so much lately that he hadn't had the time to figure out why we'd been unable to log onto the internet for the past month. Just last night had he finally reset everything and restored it all to proper working condition.
I wiggled the mouse and brought the screen to life. Facebook held my interest for no more than five or six minutes. It was then that I remembered the blog that had been forgotten for - who knew how long?
I sat down and allowed my fingers to flow across the keyboard, not really thinking of what I was writing here on this spot that belonged only to me. The worries that had flooded my mind while lying in my bed began to float away. The people who's faces had been stuck in my thoughts were finally allowing me some time to myself. The still of the night rested upon me, and I remembered what had once been so appealing to me about this blog that I had forgotten about; It was my place. The one place I could say what I wanted, when I wanted. I was my alone time. Away from those three little children who filled their every waking minute with some sort of demand from me.
I smiled a small smile to myself. I was back =)
3 comments:
Your little boy is 10 months old now? Oh, I miss you. Glad to hear from you too. Shannon got engaged over Christmas!
I'm glad your back! I love reading your posts seeing your adorable family!
YAY YAY YAY!!!! now about that other blog we haven't worked on in several months.... i have thought of a bunch of stuff to post, but i dont know how to get into it, or if you even want me to....
Post a Comment