Tuesday, November 3, 2009

All that Glitters

So, I'm having this horrible craving for holiday decorations. I love them so much, but I'm on a tight budget at the moment. However, I'm starting to learn how to improvise and still satisfy my need without dropping hundreds at those stores where I've been going crazy lately (you know who you are, Hobby Lobby!) Instead, I'm making all my holiday decorations this year.
This was today's project:

Sparkly things make me happy inside.

It cost me exactly $1.87 to make - $.78 for the pumpkin, and $1.09 for the glitter (I cut the leaves off an autumn garland I already had.) Whoo! Go Me! Much to my disgruntlement, it only took me about 10 minutes to make. I had planned on it taking at least 40 minutes or so of crafty fun... oh well. Now, what shall I make tomorrow.......?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Your house is so cute and festive!

Steph said...

That super cute! I just made a glitter skull this halloween too! It's very fun to create your own decorations its very satisfying. I also love love hobby lobby!

Leslie said...

very pretty! I love glittery sparkly things too :)