I wake up. It's 4:32am.
The baby's up again, wanting yet another feeding.
Fifth one tonight.
I walk down the hallway into his nursery and pick him up. He now weighs the same amount as his big sister....HEAVY. I sit in the rocking chair in his room and nurse for a few minutes before he's out again.
It's now 4:55 am. I can't can't go back to sleep.
I walk around the house for a few minutes before I decide to tackle the heaping pile of dishes in the sink. I pull on my trusty pink rubber gloves and fill the sink with scalding hot water and soap. I scrub for 40 minutes until my head is heavy again, and head back to my bedroom.
The alarm goes off.
Time for Trev to go to work.
The girls wake up at 7:30, wanting breakfast. I drag myself from my bed again to fill their bowls with yogurt and pop some toast into the toaster.
Jamison has a blowout diaper.
Kenzi has a bloody nose.
Ashlin wrote crayon on the wall upstairs.
Lunch.
12:00 noon.
Chelsea's here to pick Kenzi up for school.
HURRY!
Clothes on! Shoes on! Hair done!
Kiss goodbye.
Oh no! Forgot to send something for show and tell!
Run through the house and find something.
Got it.
Run and catch Chels to send it with Kenz.
Nap time for the babies.
Nevermind ~ Ash won't go down.
Laundry.
Dishes.
Make beds.
More dishes.
Pick up Kenzi and Shayde from school.
Baby's screaming. He's cutting his 4th tooth.
Make dinner while holding the baby.
Eat whatever dinner I've managed to scrape together.
More dishes.... sit on floor and wish I had a dishwasher.
Bathtime.
Jammies.
Prayer.
Kids go down....sort of.
Fold laundry.
do some dishes.
Can't sleep.
Sit and read.
Can't sleep.
Clean up living room.
Drifting off.......
*
*
*
Baby's awake,
first time tonight.......
1 comment:
ahhhh I hope you are surviving. I wish I was closer to come and help. I'm starting to wonder if I will be able to handle 2...let alone 3....and to think we want 4! ha! love ya
Post a Comment