Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 07....

My Best Friend.

This post could be about a lot of things. Over the years both Trevor and I have had lots of very good friends. I could talk about childhood friends that have stuck by me for nearly 20 years. I could talk about numerous cousins - Trev's and my own - who have been there through thick and thin. But obviously, everyone knows that your ultimate best friend becomes your partner and soul mate. Once again, this post could go in a different direction. But I'm not in the mood to be mushy. Yes, we are very much in love and still have romance in our lives every day. But that's not what I think is the best part of our relationship.


We just get each other. We have the same dreams, interests, beliefs, and passions. We laugh together more than we fight. He never calls me crazy, or even rolls his eyes at me. We rarely argue, because we just see things the same way. I think the biggest fight we ever had - basically the only one ever - was over two years ago, and it hasn't happened since. [And I was pregnant and hormonal at the time. Lol!]




We both love to sing. It's a passion we've both had all our lives, but we get to do it together now. Dance has always been important to me, but few people know how good Trevor is at the art. I love to turn on music in our house and just see what happens. We always end up dancing for at least an hour.

We both love the Lord, and care about our ward and callings in the same way. We value each others' opinions a great deal. I know that I can ask him if this outfit works, or if these shoes are decent, or how my hair looks, and get an honest - but never rude- answer.

We respect each other. And when we have different opinions, we usually can see the other side of things and come to a quick negotiation.

He is definitely my best friend. He has been since the day I met him. I can tell him anything, without any judgment. I love him so much, but I know that as much as I do, he loves me even more. And that's something you can't just find anywhere. Trevor was once given a blessing after we had just been married. In the blessing it said "...the angels in heaven are rejoicing at you and your wife's reunion." This leaves no doubt in my mind that we were foreordained to be husband and wife. And the best part is, we are sealed for time and all eternity. Gives the phrase "BFF" a whole new meaning.

No comments: