Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 08....

A Moment.


This is where I live. Here is a beautiful moment, that happens frequently on those warm, summer evenings. This is my backyard.

The air is warm. The breeze smells of fresh cut hay. The sounds of buzzing bees, babbling streams, and an occasional rooster crow fill the air. I look out at the family of ducks that live in the yard across the street, the horses running in their pasture, the farmers driving by on their tractors with a courteous nod of the head or tip of the hat. This is Millville; my own personal Mayberry. The kids play in the lush, green grasses. They giggle and squeal in delight at whatever game they have taken up. I sit in my wooden rocking chair on the front porch and take in all these sights, sounds and smells.
It's quiet. It's peaceful. It's a place where memories were made my whole childhood.... and are still being made. This is my home, and this is my moment. And to me, it is absolutely perfect.

4 comments:

Karen said...

That's so pretty, Karyn. I hope one day we can live out in the country :)

grandmamarie said...

Aren't we just the luckiest girls ever? Love it here!

Anonymous said...

I love it. I am a big fan of Cache county. And I have some really great childhood memories of Millville too!

Ann said...

I love it here too! Have you ever considered writing a book. I just love the way you describe your yard and sounds and such! Very fun!