Monday, September 29, 2008

Who am I to judge another?

On this blog, I frequently talk about the feelings and emotions that are running through me at each given time. This is yet another time when I feel the need to vent my thoughts onto a computer screen. Maybe you're interested, maybe you're not. That's okay, I do this for myself, and nobody has to read it.

I encourage you to ask yourself the question: Am I perfect?
I feel like so many people in this world get caught up in themselves. They focus on what everyone else is doing wrong...particularly friends and family around them...and forget to look at their own flaws and inperfections.

The Lord gave a warning to guide us in our judgment of others: "With what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." As much as we can, we should judge people's situations rather than judging the people themselves.
I am exhausted by others, who are good and spiritual people, judging my friends, family, and even me for our words and actions. Nobody is perfect. That's why we are all here. You are not perfect. I am not perfect. The only perfect being who ever walked on this earth, is the only one who has the right to judge anybody... Our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ.

How often do we forget who has the right to judge? Forgiveness of sin depends on Him, not on us. So the next time we are tempted to hang others' dirty linen in public, let us remember:

First, go to the Lord.


Second, go to the one we have offended.


Third, if necessary, go to our judge in Israel.

And fourth, then put it away.



3 comments:

Leslie said...

oh karyn i love you too! i agree completly with you on this post. whats funny is, once we stop worrying about others, its amazing how much better our lives become. love you. lets play soon.

Petersons said...

You truely have been inspired in what you wrote. I hope that as I am able to do this others will follow. Family is important I am so grateful for you and trev and i hope that we can form these same bonds with others because in the end all we have is family.

Shell said...

Karyn, that is so crazy that you came across my blog. I hardly every update it, but I'm glad you found it! I look through yours and your girls and little family are absolutely adorable! Yeah, I'm due Feb 21st and absolutely ecstatic about it. We found out on Thursday what gender it is and I think that will make it more real. When exactly are you due? SO are you still feeling sick? SO good to hear from you!