If every job paid the same, and you had no limitations, what would you do?
Open another dance studio that includes musical theater and preschool programs.
What is your current church calling? What do you like about it? What other callings have you had?
I don't currently hold a church calling. Our ward tries not to give callings to women until their youngest child is old enough to go to nursery (I secretly REALLY appreciate that!) Trevor and I were nursery leaders in our old ward, and that was pretty fun, but my favorite calling I've ever had was primary chorister. It was so much fun to be with the kids and enjoy music together.
What is the name of someone you regularly encounter (outside family) who brightens your day?
Kira....she's technically in the family....but we have an understanding about that.
Leslie for sure!
In twenty years, what do you think you will miss most about your life now?
Having little babies around all the time. I miss having a newborn right now, and Ashlin is only a year old!
What's something you appreciate about your spouse?
Just how amazing he is. Anyone hears about how he met me and decided he wanted not only to marry me, but to step in as Kenzi and Ashlin's dad, and they say what an amazing guy he must be. It's so true too. He works so hard at his job to make sure our family is taken care of 100% of the time, meanwhile, he goes to school so he can make our lives even better in the future. He doesn't get a lot of time to himself, but he doesn't care....any spare time in his busy schedule is spent playing around with the girls, or laying in bed just talking to me. He's incredible, and has such a strong testimony. I appreciate EVERYTHING he does.
What's your favorite routine, household chore?
Organizing. I love how a closet or drawer looks after it's been reorganized and straightened up.
What's a book you return to occasionally (scriptures don't count)?
The whole Harry Potter series. Kinda geeky, I know. But I just love them, and I've read all seven of them at least 5 times (more for the older ones.)
Favorite guilty pleasure:
Desperate Housewives
and chocolate of course!
Favorite time of day:
When Trev gets home from work or school, and is completely done with everything for the day....that's when he's all mine!
Who is a person that performed a small act of service that was actually a really big deal to you?
One time, right at the beginning of my pregnancy, I was SO sick, and Trevor had to go to work until late. Brett and Kira just came over (this was when they lived like 15 minutes away) and took Kenzi and Ashlin off my hands for several hours so I could rest. They took them to dinner and played with them until Trevor got home. This was a huge deal to me, and that's really the first time in a long time that I felt like someone actually cared.
Someone who changed your life:
My dance teacher from the age of 12 till about 17. I practically lived at that studio, taking over 10 classes a week and performing with her company at least once a month in various places. I quit her studio in complete anger and hate, but as I've grown older and wisened up, I've realized that I learned more from her and looked up to her more than she could ever possibly know. I often think about going back and letting her know how much I appreciate everything she did for me and how sorry I am for causing drama. I should just get up the nerve and do it.
What is something you do really well?
Dance and Act. I danced since the age of 2, and got to do so many cool things during that time. I was the lead "Clara" in the Nutcracker when I was 14, and I danced all throughout the 2002 SLC winter Olympics, I was in parades, Won first place ("queen") at dozens of dance competitions, and opened my own dance studio that I ran on my own for about 8 years. I've also acted in over 20 musicals and stage productions, including the leading roles of "the narrator" in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and "little red" in Into the Woods. People who have just recently met me or in the last couple years have no idea because I haven't done anything for so long. I really wish I still did though.
This was pretty fun. I tag Kira and Kristin.
1 comment:
Yea, it got a rise out of me too. You deffinitely can repost it on your blog :)
Post a Comment