Thursday, March 26, 2009

A New Lifestyle

We're officially not invincible anymore. Since getting married almost two years ago, Trevor and I have both put on about 20 lbs each! Part of this for me has been the fact that I've had 2 babies during the two years, but a lot of it has to do with how we've been eating (although I guess I could take Trev's weight gain as compliment on my cooking!) However, we decided that we don't want to let it get out of hand and that we need to nip this one in the bud. So last night we went to the store and filled our shopping cart with completely different foods than we've been buying for the last little while. We came home, and rid our pantry of anything and everything that was unhealthy.
We got rid of {This}:
And replaced it with {This}:

Anything that looked like {Junk}:

Became things that look fresh and {Healthy}:
We've gone off soda completely, and there's almost no sugar left in our kitchen. Except, we did buy some of those 100 calorie packs of treats that they have in case we are desperate for something sweet. Trevor had a moment of sadness when he looked at all the yogurt, whole grain breads, and bottled water and vegetables that we'll be eating now, but I'm excited. Goodbye pounds!!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats really funnt that you just posted this cuz i just barely did the same thing like last week...since we have been sick i got rid of the junk and filled our home with tons of fruits, veggies, & whole grains! I am excited and already feel so much better!!