Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Daddy's Family Home Evening

Last Monday, Trevor and I couldn't think of anything fun to do with the girls for FHE on a low budget. After a little while, Trev had his own fun idea, and sent the girls into the other room for a little bit. For the next several minutes, he proceeded to make a large, but extremely fun, mess in my living room.Using over half the sheets and blankets in our entire house, he built a huge fort that you could walk into standing up! It took up the whole living room and part of the hallway, complete with front door and a tunnel! The girls came out of the bedroom in pure delight!We all crawled around in our "house" as Kenzi called it, and played for a good hour or so. Kenzi kept wanting to bring all her stuffed animals and dolls in, while Ashlin just kept herself busy crawling in and out of the tunnel. We finished off the evening with yummy homemade popcorn and eggnog ice cream. Trevor never fails to come up with a great idea that totally thrills the kids. I love having a husband who wants and enjoys spending time strengthening the family. Especially since I know how it it is to have a husband who doesn't. Trevor is so amazing with the girls, and he loves playing with them and taking care of them. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing man in my life.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That looks sooo fun! Good job trev! I may have to steal that idea! 1 1/2 days!!!!

~ Stacie ~ said...

That is so cute! My boys LOVE doing that also. We haven't done that for a while, so thanks for reminding me......Your girls are so cute!

Steph said...

Good idea! It's always good to have a creative mind around the house!