Friday, November 21, 2008

So......last night Trevor and I got to have a little date night away from the girls. This is always a highlight for me, but last night in particular, because we got to go see the long awaited movie...


I don't want to say more than anyone wants to hear, especially if you're planning to go see it. But the best thing for me was how well the movie was cast. The actors fit perfectly to the characters they were portraying. They really did an awesome job in that regard.



Trevor hasn't read the books (although I think I'm going to make him over Christmas break) and he enjoyed it. He said he would watch it again, although he wishes that the action scenes were a bit longer and that they had done more with them. I do agree that they could have done a little better with the fight scenes, but of course, you have to realize that the main audience they were directing the movie towards is a bunch of teenage girls who just want the mushy stuff and don't care about fighting at all.



Although the main "heart throb" is of course Edward, and the other male vampires following close behind, the one that I liked the most was actually

Jacob.
Like I said, it was really well cast, so everyone just looked exactly like who they were supposed to be. I guess to sum it up, it was pretty good. It was no match, obviously, to the book. But what movie based on a book ever really is? I would, however, definitely watch it again.
But the best part of the night was the fact that we had bought our tickets a month prior to the premier, and had assigned seats in a reserved theater. One of my favorite things to do in this world, is to sail right on by all the losers standing in line waiting for a million years. Ha! Suckas! Just kiddin =)

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun time! Jacob looks like a hottie!! I'm excited to go see it tonight!

~ Stacie ~ said...

glad you had fun, I have an award for you at my blog.......