
So, on Monday morning I woke up in a [[lot of pain.]]
I was having contractions that were getting closer and closer together (about 5 mins), and more and more intense (basically the definition of being in labor!) I called my mom and told her what was going on, and she said she thought I should go to the hospital. She was in a van on her way out of town for work with a bunch of co-workers. We called and called Trevor's mom for over an hour, but couldn't get a hold of her. Finally, Trev's sister Mallory came over and watched our girls so we could get to the hospital. (Surprise, my mom was already there, having had her co-workers drop her off to see what was happening. Lol!) The nurses checked me and said I was dilated to almost 3cm and effaced about 60%. They had me hooked up to the monitors, and by this point, my contractions were coming 2 to 3 minutes apart. They were pretty painful, and felt just like the labor contractions I've had when I went into labor with both Kenzi and Ashlin. I was positive I was in labor. The nurses checked me again in an hour and said this time I was at 3 1/2cm and effaced about 75%.....making progress, but not very quickly. They couldn't give me an epidural because my doctor kept telling them to just watch me for a while before they admitted me. They wanted to give me pain meds...either lortab or morphine....but I kept feeling like I was okay without it, despite the labor pains. So, we were in the hospital for about 5 hours,
but I just wasn't making any progress. They decided to send me home to do more of the labor at home, and said I'd probably be back some time in the middle of the night. Sure enough, at about 10:30 that night, the contractions got worse, longer, and only about a minute and 30 seconds apart. We called my practitioner, and he said to get in there.Trev's parents came over to watch the girlies (and my parents came back down, despite my warning that it could be nothing.) But once we got there, again, I was barely at 4cm and only 80% effaced. The nurses said that I'm definitely in labor, and predicted that if I hadn't made much progress in a couple of hours, that my doctor would artificially break my water. They were wrong though. Although I'm technically in labor, my doc decided to send me home and have me come in when I'm a little further along. I was in a ton of pain though, so they insisted on giving me a shot of morphine.
but I just wasn't making any progress. They decided to send me home to do more of the labor at home, and said I'd probably be back some time in the middle of the night. Sure enough, at about 10:30 that night, the contractions got worse, longer, and only about a minute and 30 seconds apart. We called my practitioner, and he said to get in there.Trev's parents came over to watch the girlies (and my parents came back down, despite my warning that it could be nothing.) But once we got there, again, I was barely at 4cm and only 80% effaced. The nurses said that I'm definitely in labor, and predicted that if I hadn't made much progress in a couple of hours, that my doctor would artificially break my water. They were wrong though. Although I'm technically in labor, my doc decided to send me home and have me come in when I'm a little further along. I was in a ton of pain though, so they insisted on giving me a shot of morphine.[[BAD IDEA]].
Within minutes, I was violently ill, shaky, cold, and throwing up every few minutes. And then they sent me home, in that condition! Needless to say, it was a horrible night! Then, to make matters worse, because of not being able to keep anything down, I'm severely dehydrated, which is making me feel even worse. I'm supposed to drink a certain amount every day, and if it doesn't work the doc is having me go back to the hospital for lovely iv's. Yay! So, basically, I'm in labor with contractions still between 2 and 3 minutes apart, and slowly making progress. But they won't speed things along or induce me because I'm still almost a month early, and my membranes are still intact. How annoying. When I went to the doctor yesterday, he said he'll induce me on Monday of next week if I haven't gone on my own. So right now, I'm just at home in a TON of pain. (I'm not taking any more drugs after that lovely episode!) I've had a priesthood blessing given by my dad and wonderful husband, and I know our family is praying double time, but right now I just want to get this over with, and get our baby here!!
2 comments:
Congrats! I am so happy for you! I love you and am praying for you! I am sorry that you are suffering! Remember it is all worth it in the end. Good luck with your delivery! Have Trevor text us when he is here!
Keep updating!! Mom told me you are in extreme pain:( sorry girl!!! I will continue to keep you in my prayers! Love you!
Post a Comment