Strange things that I think about frequently. I'm not sure why.
*5 years ago, I was still in high school worrying about silly things like Senior Prom. Trevor, on the other hand, was already home from his mission in Taiwan.
*My own little family is now larger than the family I grew up in.
*Somewhere out there, I have a 39-year old birth mother who would probably faint if she knew she had (almost) 3 biological grandchildren.
*Kenzi, at the age of 3, is only 7 pounds heavier than Ashlin who is 1.
*This is the first spring in over 10 years that I haven't been frantically preparing for Dance Competition Season.
*I was a teenager 3 years ago.
*When my parents were my age, they had only been married for 1 year and wouldn't adopt me for 11 more years. I, however, have been married, divorced, re-married, and given birth to almost 3 kids.
*My little brother hasn't actually been "littler" than me since I was like 12.
*I was supposed to go to Southern Utah University in 2004. If I hadn't changed my mind at the last minute, I wouldn't have ANY of my kids.
*Biologically, Kenzi and Ashlin are full sisters. Legally, they are only half-sisters. This new baby will be Kenzi's half-brother both legally and biologically, but he will be Ashlin's full legal brother even though biologically he will be her half-brother. Get it?? Yeah.
I decided to write this after I realized that ALL of these random things have gone through my head at some point today, and do almost daily. They all make me stop and say "Woah. Crazy."
No comments:
Post a Comment