Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gotta Keep Busy!!

So far during this pregnancy, I've tended to forget that I'm even expecting. I think it's because Kenzi and Ashlin keep me so busy that I don't really have time to think about it. Plus, we've had lots of weddings and family things to distract me, and then there were the holidays and everything which took up most of my time each day, leaving little time for baby thoughts.

However, it is now down to my last 6 weeks or so, and any woman who's had a baby knows that that's when you're officially sick of being pregnant, and ready to get the little thing out of you. So I'm now trying to fill my mind and my days with other things to keep me from thinking about how much longer I have till D day.

This is where some of you come in =)

My good friend Leslie is going to take some belly photos of me, which I'm VERY excited for! She did my girl's fall portraits this past year, and they turned out so so cute, so I'm super anxious to have these cute little belly shots done.I also really need to finish Ashlin's baby scrapbook, since I haven't updated it since she was a newborn, so my mom has graciously volunteered to pay for all the pictures I want to have printed and then I can spend some days scrapbooking them. After I finish with that, I plan to pre-make some pages for the new baby's scrapbook too. I did that with both Kenz and Ash's books before they were even born and it worked out perfectly because I could just stick the pictures on the already made pages and not have to worry about a huge scrapping mess right after I have a baby.

Trevor is also letting me host a little party at our house to distract me for a bit. That won't last long though, since I've already done most of the planning and now I just have to actually put the plan into action. My cousin Chelsea, who also happens to be one of my best buddies ever, is throwing me a baby shower next week too. It's going to be so much fun, and I'm just excited to see everyone who's been invited! The invitations are adorable! Just so I can brag about how creative my fav cousin is =)
It says it's on the 10th, but she changed it to the 17th. It's for my family on my mom's side. I'm so excited!

So, to break it all down, I'm basically trying to stay out of that "so close, yet so far" state of mind during these last few weeks. I'm a person who must be kept busy, or I go insane! So, if any of you have any other interesting ideas...please share. I need things to do. Although it probably sounds like I'm already doing a million things, they won't last me very long since I have all day long at home each day, and the fact the my brain is constantly functioning at a mile a minute lately.


Oh, by the way, we had another doctor checkup last week. The baby is now head-down and positioned for delivery! I'll be starting my weekly doctor visits instead of just monthly visits at my next appointment. YAY!(that means I'm close.) Also, Trevor and I have decided to take some child-birthing classes which we'll be starting soon. I know I've already done the labor and delivery thing a couple times with no trouble, but I think that the more knowledge you have, the better....so I'm pretty excited about that too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karyn I love reading your blog!! Its always so cute and you are always doing such fun things! I will send you that email with the pictures sooN! P.S. Its laying on the top of my couch right now and matches perfectly with everything AND everyone that sees it LOVES ITS JUST AS MUCH AS I DO!!!!!! Its perfect for decorating and using it as well cuz since its not really cold here i dont need a huge thing and it just keeps me cozy.. THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN!!! IT IS MY FAVORITE GIFT EVER!!! By the way what is your address??