My Great Aunt Ginny passed away a few nights ago (Sunday, I believe.) She was my Dad's favorite aunt, and she was even one of his grade school teachers. She was an amazing lady, and one of the few great aunts I really knew very well at all. On my blessing day when I was a baby, she gave me a baby doll which I named Baby Susie, and became my favorite childhood doll. I still have her, in fact, and my girls play with her when we visit my mom's house. Although it's sad to lose Aunt Ginny, we all know that she's in a better and happier place. Her health had been getting pretty bad for quite some time, and she was a widow for over 34 years....can you imagine? Her husband was my dad's Uncle Denny, whom he was named for. (Lee Denny Wessman) The funeral and family gatherings will be held this Saturday, January 10th.
1 comment:
Hey Karen,
We had so much fun with you guys last night! We really need to get together soon! You look so adorable pregnant
Post a Comment